Nootan Dobhal : Fashion and textile design
India: other locations; Posted: 25/Jul/2007
free login to see contact info
Skills: Planning and Designing of new Developments of labels, Logos, Brochures, Floor Rugs, Carpets, Curtains, Cushions, Bath Rugs and other Home Furnishing items like throws etc.
Clients: Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target and other importers through Buying houses in India
Education: Bachelor of Arts
from Allahabad University;
2-5 years experience.
3 Years DIPLOMA IN TEXTILE DESIGN, from Uttaranchal Board of Technical Education, Institute ? B S Negi ONGC Women?s Polytechnic, Dehradun, India. Got Highest marks in the UBTE courses of the Institute for 2004.
1. Currently Running own design service and training firm 'Nootan Academy of Design' in Dehradun, India from July 2007.
2. Worked with Paliwal Exports, Panipat, India, as Senior Designer (Manager - Products) from March 2005 to April 2007
3. Worked with Adonis International Ltd, Panipat, India, from May, 2004 to Feb 2005 as Textile Designer.
4. Worked with Hand Fab India Ltd, Panipat, India, as Summer Trainee, in June 2003.
5. Worked as Freelance Designer for several companies like Lakshya, Glimpses India, Shiv Shakti Exports in Panipat.
6. Worked as Designer with REACH, an NGO in Dehradun, India, for their cultural fair VIRASAT 2003.
7. Research in Brocade (all types) at Varanasi (during Textile Design Course).
My work has been shown and appreciated in the following exhibitions:
1. Triveni Mahotsav, Allahabad, Spring Summer 2000.(Mahatma Gandhi Kalavithika)
2. Allahabad Museum, Allahabad, for Poster Workshop and Exhibition. 1996-977.
3. Got 1st Prize in the Inter-College Poster Competition of Allahabad University, Allahabad for NSS (National Social Service) Golden Jubilee Exhibition, 1996.