Divakaran : Consulting
India: other locations; Posted: 30/Jun/2007
free login to see contact info
Skills: Business Consulting,Corporate Planning/Strategy, Cost Reduction,Feasibility Studies,Profit Improvement,Business Analysis,Business Strategy,Joint Ventures, Management Consulting, QA/QC, TQM, Turnaround Management
Clients: Nadukkakara Agro Processing Ltd, A joint venture of Govt. of Kerala and European union (E.E.C funded project) ,M/s Covema Filaments Ltd.( Group Co. Nuova Covema SRL, Italy), M/S South India Wire Ropes Ltd., Edathala, Aluva,A Reputed Chemical company
Education: Master of Business Administration
from Cochin University Of Science & Technology,Cochin,Kerala;
5+ years experience.
Span : Over 30 years
Position Held / Knowledge gained
1. Vice Chairman : Nadukkakara Agro Processing Ltd, Avoli P.o.,
A joint venture of Govt. of Kerala and European union (E.E.C funded project) having fully automatic fruit processing facility for the production of fruit juice concentrates, Fruit Candies, soft drink in tetra packs, etc.
2. General Manager : M/s Covema Filaments Ltd., ( Group Co. Nuova Covema SRL, Italy), in the Special Economic Zone, Kakkanad, Kochi ? 30, an ISO 9002 certified company engaged in the manufacture of nylon mono filament fishing lines, and M/S Sahai
International engaged in the manufacture of fishing ropes and injection molded items, with overall charge of the entire managerial functions.
Fully conversant with in-depth knowledge on all aspects of management ? Production, Personal, Finance, Marketing, Materials, etc.
3. Senior Works Manager : Of a reputed Chemical company manufacturing Chemical fertilizers, Micronutrients, Pesticides, Organic manure, etc.
4. a) Personal/Admin Manager: M/S South India Wire Ropes Ltd., Edathala, Aluva
Nature of Duties - a) Human Resources Management ? Recruitment,
Training, Placement, Union negotiations, Collective/productivity bargaining, Long Term Settlements and incentive schemes for improving Labour productivity, etc.
Span ? 14 Years.
b) Dept. / Sections Head : Quality Control/ Production Dept. / Sections of M/S
South India Wire Ropes Ltd. in the joint sector
Initially setup by the famous Seshasayee group who
promoted Alind, FACT, TCC, FIT and others.
b) Production Management/Quality Control.
Nature of Duties - Production planning & Control, job allocation,
Motivating Workers to achieve production targets, Shop floor supervision, etc.
Span ? 10 years.
Negotiated and settled 4 long term settlements, promotion policy, and production incentive scheme.
Actively associated with: 1, Work-study and job evaluation by Apex Management Consultants, Chennai and also with the study of Stores Material and Inventory Control for fixing Minimum Inventory Level, Economic Order Quantity, etc. 2, Re-engineering/ Re-organizing/ Re-structuring organizational set up of the company- A study conducted by M/S M.K. Raju consultants, Chennai, to develop ?Core Competence? for achieving higher market share/Customer satisfaction
1) Received training in production management, Works supervision and Quality Control under the guidance of Japanese experts from Kokoku Steel Wires Ltd., Japan.
2) Undergone an in company management development programme covering the entire functional areas of management for a period of 1 year, conducted by Dr. M.V. Pylee, Ex Vice Chancellor, Cochin University of Science & Technology and a team of other management experts.
3) Undergone ISO 9000 Internal Quality Auditing Training Programme and passed the Examination for Internal Quality Auditors.
4) Attended several Management Training Programmes, seminars, conferences Convened by Kerala Management Association, Productivity Council, National Institute of Personnel Management and others on various topics of management like Total Quality Management, Labour Participation in Management, Linking wages to production/productivity, Team building and Managerial effectiveness, Management by Objectives (MBO), JIS (just in time) and other techniques of Material Management, Sick Industries revival, Break Even Analysis, Quantitative techniques in management etc.
Technology / Technical Expertise
Fully conversant with the manufacturing technology of the following:
1) Manufacture of Steel Wires & Ropes and galvanizing.
2) Production of Chemical fertilizers, organic pesticides, micronutrient fertilizers and other agro inputs.
3) Manufacturing Nylon monofilament fishing lines, plastic ropes, Plastic Injection moulded items
4) ISO 9000 Quality Standards ? Implementing ISO Quality Management procedures in manufacturing industries.
5) Manufacture of Fruit juice concentrate, Fruit candies, Tetra packing of Juice etc.
1. Organization Building
Capable to build business organization with self committed employees at all levels, to develop Core competence for facing market competition, to achieve organizational objectives hitherto unattained.
Imparting instruction / training students on subjects mentioned here in above especially any topics on Personnel Management and Human Resource Development (HRD), Production Management, Quality Control Systems, Materials Management, etc.